25-28th September – Integrity and Security were the topics dealt with in the third Capacity Building Seminar.
Participants from Europe, Africa and Latin America were invited to assist and learn how to apply moral judgement on the tough decisions they have to make everyday. Morality is something that has to be applied differently to every specific case, there is no common rule. However, there are ways that can make the decision making a bit lighter, and these are the 7 steps:
- What is the decision I am facing?
- Which stakeholders have a right, an interest or a desire in this decision?
- Who is taking the decision?
- Do I need further information to make this decision responsibly?
- What are the arguments?
- What conclusion can I draw?
- How do I feel about the conclusion?
By applying this method participants can, hopefully, make better decisions when faced with morally difficult situations where the answer is not always clear.