EU Aid Volunteers brings together volunteers and organisations from different countries, providing practical support to humanitarian aid projects and contributing to strengthening the local capacity and resilience of disaster-affected communities.
The EU Aid Volunteers programme offers:
- Opportunities for European citizens to become EU Aid Volunteers in humanitarian projectsworldwide, showing solidarity with those who most need it,
- Professional support by trained and well-prepared volunteers to communities affected by disaster,
- Capacity building for local staff and volunteers of organisations in countries hit by disasters,
- Technical assistance for organisations based in Europe to strengthen their capacity to participate in the EU Aid Volunteers initiative.
Individuals can apply to be deployed to humanitarian projects worldwide. Check out the EU Aid Volunteers vacancies.
The EU Aid Volunteers networking platform, soon to be launched, supports partnerships and collaboration between projects, it houses the online volunteering activities and it allows EU Aid Volunteers to share their stories from the field.
Funding opportunities with the EU Aid Volunteers initiative are managed by the Commission’s Education, Audio-visual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA).
Organisations can consult the Calls: EU Aid Volunteers page for more information on the rules and procedures for participating organisations and links to further information.
Questions and answers on EU Aid Volunteers
1. About the EU Aid Volunteers initiative
2. Becoming an EU Aid Volunteer
3. Becoming a sending/hosting organisation